I have shared a rabbit roast recipe here before, this is the gravy version with rabbit meat. Just like any meat recipes, first we are keeping it for some time for marination before preparing the curry. Let’s quickly go for the recipe.
- Rabbit meat – 1 kg
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 2 tablespoon
- Coriander powder – 2 tablespoon
- Garam masala powder – 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper powder – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger – 2″ piece
- Garlic – 5-6 cloves
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon – 1
- Onion(big) – 1
- Salt – to taste
- Cut onion, ginger, garlic and add above ingredients, salt and lemon juice in a blender. Grind it into a thick smooth paste.
- Take half of the ground masala and marinate the meat pieces for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the marinated rabbit. Flip the pieces in the frying pan so that both the sides get cooked evenly. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan, saute two sliced onions until light brown. Add the remaining masala and stir fry until the oil starts appearing.
- Pressure cook the shallow fried rabbit and stir fried masala with one cup of water and salt. Cook for 5-6 whistles in medium flame.
- Open the cooker and add 1/2 cup coconut milk, turn it off in 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with appam, chapathi or rice.