Diwali is the festival of lights. No festival is complete without sweets. So I would like to present an easy and tasty sweet made of semolina/sooji. It is a quick recipe with less ingredients. You can use ghee/milk/ water for binding. Those who don’t like ghee smell can do it with warm milk or water. If you want more shelf life better use water only,otherwise the milk added laddus will last for 2-3 days only.
- Semolina / Rava – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Cashews, Raisins – a handful
- Cardamom – 2
- Milk / Water – 1/4 cup
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast the cashews and raisins separately and keep it aside.
- Grind sugar with cardamom and keep it. Grind the coconut for 2-3 pulses in mixer.
- Roast the coconut for few minutes without changing colour.
- Roast the rava in ghee for 5 minutes and turn off.
- Mix the rava, coconut,sugar ,cashews and raisins together.
- Add warm milk/water gradually until it is moist. Shape the laddus.