You might be familiar with only fried papad, today I’m sharing you a curry with papad which you can serve with rice. It is very easy to prepare and simple one. Pappadam Thoran I have shared before, you can check out that also.
- Papad – 10
- Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Red chilly powder – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Shallots – 3
- Fry the papad in oil and keep it aside.
- Grind coconut, cumin, shallots, turmeric and chilly powder.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard, add 2 shallots, 1 dry red chili, 1 sprig curry leaf and saute well.
- Add the ground mixture, 1 cup water and salt.(add less salt as the papad is already salty)
- When it starts to boil, break the papad into small pieces and add to the curry. Turn off the fire.