Prawns are delicious seafood that are consumed worldwide. It is high in calcium,iodine and protein.Shrimp consumption, is considered healthy for the circulatory system. In Kerala cuisine prawns are prepared in different ways, such as curry, roast, theeyal etc. In any form it is very tasty and yummy. Try to use coconut oil to enhance the flavours.
- Prawns – 250 gram
- Shallots – 4
- Ginger – 1″ piece
- Garlic – 2
- Red chilly powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice – 1 teaspoon
- Clean and de-vein prawns and keep it aside.
- Grind shallots,ginger,garlic, chilly- turmeric – pepper powders, lime juice and salt to a smooth paste, adding little water.
- Marinate the prawns with this masala and keep it for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan, add curry leaves and saute for few minutes. Add marinated prawns and fry over very low heat till both sides are crispy and golden brown.
Note : you can mix the marinated prawns in 1 teaspoon of rice flour before frying to make it more crispy.