Avocado, also known as butter fruit which has high fat content. Avocado provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including potassium, vitamins and folic acid.Choose ripe avocado for cooking.To open an avocado make a cut half lengthwise and gently twist the two halves.Now you can scoop out the flesh from it.Here is the recipe of avocado chutney that goes well with dosa and idli. We are adding lime juice to the chutney to avoid the darkening. Without seasoning the same you can serve with rice as a side dish and also as a sandwich spread.
- Avocado – 1
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Shallots – 2 + 1
- Green chilly – 1
- Ginger – 1/2″
- Lime juice – 1/2 teaspoon
- Whole red chilly – 1
- Scoop out the flesh from the avocado using a spoon
- Grind it with coconut,shallots,green chilly,ginger,lime and salt into a smooth paste adding little water.
- Heat oil in a pan and pop mustard seeds.Add in shallot,red chilly and curry leaves.Fry until shallot turn brown.
- Add the ground ingredients,mix together and heat for a few minutes.