Most of the people eat oats as a breakfast in the form of porridge. But so many people doesn’t like it because there is no taste for oats.Why don’t you think of varieties then?We can prepare almost all the breakfast items with oats.South Indian breakfast items like dosa, idly,puttu,upma,masala oats all these we can prepare with oats.I have already shared oats puttu recipe with you. So this time I will go for another breakfast item ie, oats dosa. To make this crispy and healthy dosa, you don’t have to grind or soak anything.You can make it instantly.
- Oats – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 1/4 cup
- Semolina / Rava – 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Onion – 1
- Green chilly – 1
- Dry roast oats till an aroma comes and the color of oats slightly changes. Allow it to cool down then powder it finely.
- Add little oil and saute the finely chopped onion and green chilly for few minutes.
- In a bowl add oats powder, rice flour, rava, cumin, onion, green chillies, salt and mix well.
- Add water and make a thin batter.Heat the tawa, take one laddle of batter and drizzle it from the corners and finishing off in the middle.
- Drizzle oil, allow it cook till golden brown and turn over to other side, leave it to cook for some time.
- Serve with chutney, sambar or even honey.