Pickles are always an essential part of Kerala vegetarian meals.I always prefer some kind of pickles as a side dish for rice. This time we will see how to prepare grapes pickle. Here I have used green grapes,it is always better to select sour ones for this.So next time if you buy sour grapes this pickle will be a suitable choice for you.You can refrigerate this pickle for one month. It tastes better after few days of pickling.
- Grapes- 150 gram
- Ginger – small piece
- Garlic – 5
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 1 tablespoon
- Fenugreek Powder- 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida powder- 1 teaspon
- Vinegar- 2 tablespoon
- Wash the grapes and wipe it with clean kitchen towel.Cut grapes into half, add salt and keep it for one hour.
- Cut ginger into strips, chop garlic. Mix up all the powders and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and put in mustard seeds. When it splutters add ginger, garlic and allow it to get roasted in a medium flame.
- Switch off the flame and add the powders and mix well. Bring it back to stove and roast it in a very low flame. It should not get burned.
- Add the grapes and mix everything well. Finally add vinegar and switch off.