Vegetable Pulao/ Pulav is a dish in which rice is cooked with various vegetables and spices.Usually raita and pickle will be the side dishes for it. You can add any vegetable to this,hence it is a tasty and healthy meal.If you want to prepare a quick meals for your lunch or dinner this will be the best option for you. You can prepare it with any rice, basmati rice will be the right choice.
- Basmati rice – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Vegetables – 1 cup (carrot, beans, peas etc.)
- Cinnamon – 1″ piece
- Cardamom – 2
- Cloves – 2
- Heat oil in a pan and add cinnamon,cloves and cardamom. Then saute onion till they turn light pink, add all the vegetables saute for a few minutes.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder and salt, cover and cook for some time.The vegetables should retain their crunchiness.
- Add rice, salt, 2 cups of boiling water in a pot.Squeeze juice of half a lemon and cook.
- Mix the rice with cooked vegetables and serve with raita.
Let’s see how to prepare vegetable raita
- Chop carrots, tomatoes (remove the seeds) cucumber and onions finely.
- Take 1 cup of curd and mix all the vegetables. Add salt required.
- Heat a tsp of oil, add mustard seeds, when mustard splutters, add finely chopped green chilies. Saute for a second and add to the curd & vegetable mix.
- Sprinkle roasted cumin powder and mix it . Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.