Are you getting bored of eating same breakfast? Usually South Indian breakfast will be dosa, idli, appam etc. So if you have left over idlis in your kitchen, this would be an efficient way to consume it. It wont take much time and very easy to prepare also. Since it is prepared in masala , we don’t need any side dish for this.That’s the main advantage!!
- Idli – 4
- Green chilly – 2,slit
- Ginger – 1″, grated
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Turmeric powder -1/4 teaspoon
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Fennel powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala – a pinch
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tablespoon
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Heat oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add the curry leaves,ginger,green chilly and saute.
- Add the chopped onion and saute for 3 minutes. Add turmeric , red chilly, coriander, fennel, garam masala powders and mix well.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and saute till oil separates. Add the crumbled idlis and mix. Saute for 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and mix. Turn off heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot.