A simple and easy deep fried fritters recipe made with raw banana or plantain. It is a tasty and a crisp snack which has a sweet and savory taste to offer in each and every bite. Bajji recipes are very common across India and is a popular evening snack recipe.
- Raw plantain – 1
- Gram flour – 3/4 cup
- Rice flour – 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Chilly powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Baking soda – 1/4 teaspoon
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Peel the skin and trim the ends of banana and cut it into thin slices. Soak the slices in water to stop browning.
- In a bowl take gram flour, rice flour, chilly, turmeric , asafoetida, salt and mix well. Add water little by little and whisk smooth to get a medium thick batter.
- Add baking soda in this and mix well. Pat dry the banana slices to remove the moisture. Dip in the batter and coat both sides with the batter.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and deep fry the slices. Flip over to fry both the sides. Fry until it becomes golden and crispy.
- Drain it and serve hot with chutney or ketchup.