This is an easy biriyani recipe, the same thing you can do it in pressure cooker also to reduce the cooking time. For that you have to reduce the quantity of water and cook for 2 whistles.
- Basmati Rice – 1. 5 cups
- Egg – 4, Boiled
- Onion – 3
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
- Green chilly – 3
- Tomato – 1, big
- Mint,Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
- Yogurt – 3 tablespoon
- Cashews, Raisins, Onion – 1
- Spices (bay leaf, cardamom -1, cinnamon, cloves – 2, star anise – 1)
- Chilly powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam / Biriyani masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- Soak the rice for 15 minutes and drain
- Heat oil in the deep bottomed pan and fry the cashews, raisins and onion separately and keep it aside.
- Fry the boiled egg also in the same pan with salt, little turmeric and red chilly powder.
- In the same pan add more oil if needed, add all the spices and saute it. Later add onion,green chilly and little salt.
- When the onion becomes translucent, add ginger garlic paste and saute till onion becomes brown. Add chilly, turmeric garam masala powders.
- Add chopped tomato, cover and cook till it becomes soft. Switch off the flame and add yogurt. Mix well and add 3 cups hot water and salt.
- Switch on the flame and add the soaked rice. Mix it and cook.
- When it is almost cooked, add the fried eggs, cashews, raisins, and coriander-mint leaves.Cover and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Serve it with raita.