I would like to share a different wine recipe which I have tried last year for Christmas. It was really tasty and good. In this wine the main ingredients are rice and raisin. If you use black raisins , you will get a light pink colour for the wine. Here I have used the yellow raisins, so the colour is also light yellow. White raw rice is used for this.
- Rice – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Yeast(instant) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Raisin – 1/4 cup
- Lime – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 1 litre, boiled and cooled
- Wash and drain the rice and raisins and keep it aside.
- In a washed and dried ceramic/glass jar add the rice and raisins, later add lime juice, sugar,yeast and water. Fill only 3/4th portion of the jar.
- Mix all the ingredients well using a wooden spatula. Close the jar, cover it with a cloth, tie it and keep aside.
- Stir this mix everyday once for next 21 days. After 21 days strain it and fill it in coloured bottles. You can adjust the sugar this time.
- Keep the bottles undisturbed for one week.