It is an evening snack made of rice flakes. This tasty and easy cutlets you can make with either brown or white rice flakes.
- Aval / Rice flakes – 3/4 cup
- Potato – 1, boiled
- Onion -1
- Ginger – 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves
- Green chilly – 2
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Chilly powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Wheat flour / Rice flour / Besan – 1/4 cup
- Soak the rice flakes for 10 minutes and drain it.
- Take the drained rice flakes in a bowl and add the mashed potato, finely chopped onion, ginger, green chilly, curry leaves, turmeric powder, chilly powder, flour, salt and one teaspoon oil into this.
- Mix all the ingredients well with your hands and make a dough out of it. Take small portion and flatten it in your palm and make any desired shape; either round or oval.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry these cutlets both sides till it becomes golden and crispy. Serve with ketchup.