This is a crispy snack with potato and vermicelli which looks like a bird’s nest. You can call it as kids recipe since kids do love these kind of shapes and fantasy in food items. Simply you can say it is a vermicelli potato cutlet and let us see how it is prepared.
- Potato – 3, boiled
- Onion – 1
- Green chilly – 2
- Red chilly powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 2 teaspoon
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tablespoon
- Ground nut – for garnishing
- All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Vermicelli – 1 cup
- Mash boiled potatoes in a bowl. Add chopped onion, green chilies, coriander leaves with red chilly, garam masala powder with required salt. Mix all ingredients well.
- Mix flour with water in a bowl to make a batter in a medium consistency. Take vermicelli in a plate and set aside.
- Make medium sized round balls by rolling on your palm. Dip this ball in batter and coat it in semiya. Press it tightly and bring it to ball size. Make gentle thumb impression on middle of the ball. Fry till golden brown on both sides.
- Decorate it with ground nuts.