Beef fry recipe I have shared before, this is yet another tasty Kerala recipe of beef fry. Since it is a dry version, you can pick and eat as a starter or as a side dish. This beef fry is prepared during some functions like marriage or festival time.
- Beef- 500 gram
- Onion – 2
- Green chilly – 2
- Coriander seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Ginger- a large piece
- Garlic- 10 cloves
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 1 tablespoon + 1/2 tablespoon
- Pepper powder – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon + 1/4 tbspn
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- Fennel powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coconut bits – 1/4 cup
- Garam masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- Pressure cook the beef with half teaspoon coriander powder, kashmiri chilly powder, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, curryleaves, salt and 1 teaspoon chopped ginger, garlic, 1 tablespoon coconut oil and mix well. Cover and cook for 4-5 whistles.
- In a wide bottomed pan, heat coconut oil and add coriander seeds, mustard seeds, coconut bits. When cocnut bits becomes brown, add curryleaves, ginger, garlic and green chilly.
- Add sliced onion and saute, when it becomes transparent add cooked beef and saute for 10 minutes. Add little coconut oil and remaining turmeric, coriander, kashmiri chilly, garam masala, crushed pepper powder,fennel powder,salt and mix well.
- Fennel powder and pepper powder add according to your taste. Finally add little oil and saute until it becomes dark brown.