This is an authentic North Indian recipe of stuffed brinjal, the stuffing masala you have to prepare first. Then cook the brinjal in that masala, you can use green or purple colour of brinjal for this. This is a great side dish for Indian breads like roti, chapathi etc.
- Brinjal – 5
- Dry mango powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Fennel – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder -1 teaspoon
- Chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion – 2, medium
- Green chilly – 2
- Grind chopped onion, green chilly, fennel seeds with little water.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan and add the ground paste and saute well.
- Add chilly, turmeric, garam masala, coriander and dry mango powder into this and mix well. Add required salt and saute till it becomes dry.
- Add 1/4 cup of water into this masala and mix well. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Open the pan and saute the masala until oil appears. Add 1 more cup of water and allow to boil.
- Wash and wipe the brinjal and make a slit in lengthwise, add little salt and the prepared masala inside the brinjal. Do this for all the brinjal and add it in the pan and coat outside also with the gravy.
- Cover and cook in low flame till the brinjal becomes soft.