Kesari usually makes with rava or semolina. For a twist we can use pineapple pieces also along with it and it is called pineapple kesari. It is a dessert and you can prepare it any time. Eventhough you can use pineapple essence for the flavour, I would suggest to use fresh pineapple for this.
- Rava / Semolina – 1/2 cup
- Pineapple – 1/4 cup, chopped
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Water – 1.5 cups
- Cashews – 1/2 tablespoon, chopped
- Raisins – 2 teaspoon
- Ghee – 2 tablespoon
- Heat a teaspoon of ghee and fry cashews till slightly browned then add raisins and let it bubble up, transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Boil water and add the chopped pineapple pieces, let it cook in medium flame for 5 minutes till it becomes slightly soft.(you can food colour/bit of turmeric powder at this time)
- Heat a teaspoon of ghee and roast rava for couple of minutes. Now add the boiling pineapple water mixture to rava without forming any lumps. Once rava is cooked, add sugar and keep stirring continuously.
- Add Ghee and keep stirring till the mixture comes together. Add the ghee fried cashews and raisins and switch off.