Sweet potato cutlet / tikki is an easy, delicious and great snack for the evening. Also you can prepare it for kids snacks for the tiffin. This one I made from the left over boiled potatoes. You can cook the sweet potatoes in pressure cooker with little salt and water for 3-4 whistles in medium flame.
- Sweet potato – 2
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Rice flour – 1 tablespoon
- Bengal gram flour / besan – 2 tablespoon
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chilly – 1, finely chopped
- Ginger – 1/4 teaspoon, finely chopped
- Coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon, chopped finely
- salt to taste
- Peel the skin of cooked sweet potatoes and mash it well without any lumps.
- Add finely chopped onions, coriander leaves, ginger and green chilly to the finely mashed sweet potato. Add salt, chilly powder, gram flour and rice flour.
- Mix everything well to form a dough. Take a lemon sized dough, make a smooth ball and flatten it to form medium thick cutlets.
- Heat oil in a pan, and shallow fry the cutlets both sides on low heat until golden brown. Serve it with ketchup.