This is a quick and easy recipe for making laddu with vermicelli/semiya. Usually we use semiya for preparing payasam or upma . But this time for a variety I have tried laddus. You can try this for any festive season or simply in the evenings as a snack. If you don’t like the smell of ghee, you can use warm milk to shape the laddus.
- Vermicelli – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom pods – 4
- Cashew nuts – 8
- Ghee – 2 teaspoon
- Grind sugar along with cardamom seeds into fine powder using grinder.
- Grind cashew nut also into fine powder.
- Heat half a teaspoon of ghee in a pan on low heat, add vermicelli and saute until golden brown; allow to cool. Grind roasted & cooled vermicelli to a fine powder.
- In a mixing bowl add ground sugar, vermicelli, nuts & cardamom powder; mix well.
- Pour warm ghee and shape them in to ladoos.