This is a dry coconut chutney served with palappam. It is very easy to prepare and tasty too. Even though it is a dry chutney, this goes well with palappam. I’m very much familiar with this chutney from my aunt.
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Shallots – 3
- Kashmiri chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Heat coconut oil in a kadai , splutter mustard and add curry leaves and chopped shallots.
- Crush the coconut with chili powder.
- When the shallots becomes brown, add the crushed coconut, salt and mix well.
- Turn off the fire after 2-3 minutes. Serve with hot palappam.