Parathas are easy and delicious breakfast from North India. Depends on the stuffing used, we can have different types of parathas. Here the main ingredient in stuffing is the radish. Here the recipe is bit different, to make the preparation more easy, the grated radish is directly used in the dough along with spice powders.
- Radish – 2, grated
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves – few, chopped
- Oil/ ghee
- Peel and grate the radish, mix little salt in it and keep aside for 10 mins.
- Squeeze out water from the grated radish and keep the water aside.
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, use the squeezed out water to make dough instead of water.
- Make equal sized balls out of it. Roll out to medium thick parathas. Dust generously with flour while rolling out. Make the parathas when the dough is ready, if you keep it for long, it will leave water and the dough become sticky.
- Heat tawa and cook on both sides drizzling ghee each side, until golden brown spots appears.
- Serve hot with yogurt and pickle.