A simple and plain cake, yet tasty and delicious. Here I made it with small quantity, so I have used the loaf pan. Only the basic ingredients are used to bake this cake. You can add on chocolate sauce or fruit toppings as per your choice.
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar – 100 gram
- Butter – 1/2 teaspoon
- Eggs – 2
- Milk – 2 tablespoon
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Preheat oven at 180 C for 15 minutes. Prepare a loaf pan by lining it with butter paper. Sift the flour, baking powder & salt 2-3 times to make the cake fluffy.
- In a large bowl beat the butter & sugar until pale. Add one egg at a time and beat it. Pour in the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the flour in 2-3 parts alternating between flour and milk . Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes or till the skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the tin from the oven and place it to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert the cake on to a plate and tap the tin so that the cake slides out easily. Allow to cool completely before cutting it.