Stuffed Bell pepper or ‘Bharwan Shimla Mirch’ is a popular North Indian preparation of capsicum. You can use any colour/variety for this. It is great side dish for roti as well as rice. The stuffing can me made with many things like paneer, peas, corn etc. Here i have used a simple stuffing with mashed potatoes.
- Capsicum – 2
- Onion – 1
- Potato – 2
- Green peas – 2 tablespoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Amchoor / Dry mango powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cut the capsicum vertically into halves and take out the seeds.
- Boil the potatoes, peel it and mash them nicely. Chop the onion finely.
- Heat oil in a pan and add ginger garlic paste, later add chopped onion and saute till it become translucent.
- Add mashed potatoes and green peas into this and cook for some time.
- Add chili, coriander, cumin, amchoor powders and salt. Mix well and cook in low flame for 5 minutes.
- When it cools, stuff this mixture inside the capsicum and level it with a spoon.
- Heat oil in a pan and place these stuffed capsicum into it. Cover and cook in low flame for 15 minutes then turn it and cook for 5 minutes.
- Here I have used the frozen peas, otherwise you can cook it along with potatoes.
- Instead of cooking in pan, you can bake it in oven for 30 minutes till the skin changes color.