This is a super moist cake without the common ingredients like butter and eggs. The main ingredients are banana and dates. You can add cashew nuts or walnuts for an additional richness. Instead of all purpose flour you can try out this with wheat flour.
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Dates – 3/4 cup , pitted and chopped
- Banana – 1, big
- Cashew / Walnut – 1/4 cup
- Granulated sugar – 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- Yogurt – 1/4 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil – 1/4 cup
- Preheat the oven at 180°C for 15 minutes.
- Grease a 9×5″ loaf pan and line with butter paper. Keep it aside.
- Sieve the flour with baking soda, baking powder for 2-3 times and keep it aside.
- Toss the chopped dates and nuts in 2 tablespoon of flour mix and keep aside.
- Mash the ripe banana using a spoon/fork. Add sugar into this (adjust the sugar according to the sweetness of dates and banana).
- Add yogurt in room temperature and the vegetable oil. Mix it thoroughly.
- Add flour mix in two batches and fold it gently. add the nuts and dates into this batter and fold it well.
- Pour this batter into the loaf pan. Bake at 180°C for 40 minute or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and transfer on to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.