The original cuisine is Chinese, but this is an Indian version of chicken 65. It is a popular starter items in restaurants. Usually egg will be used in this recipe, but I haven’t used. Also instead of food colour, I have used Kashmiri chili powder.
- Chicken- 500 gram, boneless
- Ginger paste & Garlic paste – 1/2 teaspoon each
- Red chili powder- 3 teaspoon
- Pepper powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- a pinch
- Cumin powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- Corn flour- 3 teaspoon
- Rice flour- 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1.5 tablespoon
- Green chilies- 4, sliced
- Ginger- 1 teaspoon, chopped
- Garlic- 1 teaspoon, chopped
- Kashmiri chili powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili sauce- 1 teaspoon
- Yogurt – 1 tablespoon
- Wash chicken ans cut then into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Add red chili powder, pepper powder, salt, lemon juice, cumin powder, turmeric powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, yogurt and garam masala powder. Marinate it well and keep it rest for 1 hour.
- Add rice flour,corn flour and combine well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add the chicken pieces and fry well. Deep fry them until crispy and it turns golden brown color.
- Heat oil in another pan, add in chopped garlic and ginger, fry until the raw smell goes on.
- Add in sliced, seed less green chilies and curry leaves, saute until curry leaves turn crisp.
- Add kashmiri chili powder and mix well. Add red chilly paste, salt, few drops of water and mix it again.
- Add fried chicken pieces and mix well. When it thickens switch off.