This is one of the popular and delicious North Indian chicken recipes. You will get the benefits of both chicken and spinach. As the main ingredient is spinach which gives the greenish color for the curry. Even though it looks skeptical, it tastes awesome.
- Chicken – 500 gram
- Spinach – 1 bunch
- Onion – 2
- Coriander Leaves – 1 bunch
- Tomato – 1 (finely chopped)
- Bay Leaves – 1
- Fennel Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves / Kasoori Methi – 1 teaspoon
- Whole Dry Red chili – 1
- Ginger & garlic Paste – 1.5 teaspoon
- Yogurt – 1 tablespoon
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Green Chilies – 2
- Garlic – 3
- Ginger – 1″
- Cinnamon – 1 “
- Green Cardamom – 2
- Cloves – 2
- Marinate the cleaned chicken with ginger garlic paste, yogurt, chili powder and salt.
- Grind all the ingredients into smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a wide pan and add bay leaves, fennel seeds and whole red chili after that add chopped onions and fry them till it becomes golden brown.
- Add the ground paste,and fry them till the raw smell goes off.
- Add the chopped tomato and fry them in medium heat until it becomes mushy.
- Now add the marinated chicken and fry them for few minutes. Add coriander powder, kasoori methi and some salt.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and close it with lid, let the mixture boil until the chicken is fully cooked and tender.
- Boil the spinach and once its cooked fully drain the water and grind them with coriander leaves into smooth paste.
- Once the chicken is tender add the spinach puree and let it cook for 5 minutes in medium heat. Remove from heat
- If you want you can add 2 tablespoon of cream on top before removing from heat.