Kesari is a South Indian sweet dish made with semolina. Here I have prepared the sweet replaced semolina with semiya or vermicelli. This is an easiest and simplest recipe. You can try it out for any occasion.
- Semiya – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1/4 – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cashews – 10
- Raisins – 1 tablespoon
- In a non stick pan, add 1/2 tablespoon ghee. Roast the cashews and raisins until the cashews turn golden brown and the raisins puff up. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining ghee, add the semiya and roast it for a few minutes.
- At the same time heat a saucepan with water. if you want color, add a pinch of turmeric powder or food color and let it boil well.
- Add the boiling water and mix the semiya well. Cover the pan and cook till the semiya is well cooked and all the water is absorbed.
- Add the sugar and mix . Then add the cardamom powder, mix well.
- Add the roasted cashews and raisins and mix in with the kesari. Add 1 teaspoon of ghee and mix in.