I would like to share another pickle recipe today. I have already shared different pickle recipes here. Since pickles are an essential part of meals, with rice, breads and all we will try different options instead of normal stuffs. Beetroot can also be used for making juice,wine, cake etc. other than our normal dishes.
- Beetroot – 3
- Garlic – 10 cloves
- Ginger – 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Green chilli – 3
- Chili powder – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida – 1/4 teaspoon
- Fenugreek powder – 1/8 teaspoon
- Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Sesame oil
- Peel off the skin of beetroot and cut into small pieces. Cook for 5 minutes with little water and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds. Add chopped garlic and ginger and fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Add chili powder,turmeric powder, asafoetida and fenugreek powder. Saute for a minute and add cooked beetroot and mix well.
- Add vinegar,little water and mix well. Add some curry leaves, cover and cook for few minutes in low flame.
- Allow to cool and store.