A simple yet tasty side dish with egg, which you can serve with breakfast items like appam, idiyappam, bread, chapathi and rice also. It is a semi gravy type, with roasted onions and masala.
- Eggs – 3
- Onion – 2, thinly sliced
- Tomato – 1, chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Green chilis – 2, slit
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Kashmiri chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Boil the eggs in water until they are cooked. Rinse under running water and remove the shells. Cut them into halves and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan at medium heat and splutter the mustard seeds. Add sliced onion and little salt. Saute until onion turns transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste, green chili and curry leaves. Continue to saute until onion turns golden.
- Add all the masala powders. Stir well until their raw smell leaves and oil separates. Sprinkle a little water to avoid the masala powders from getting burnt.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and enough salt. Cook for few minutes until they get completely mashed up and oil separates.
- Add 1/4 cup hot water. Mix well and add the egg halves. Mix them carefully with the masala. Cover with the lid for few minutes and turn off.