This is one of the most demanding item in bakeries of Kerala. Kids are very fond of this buns because it is filled with sweet cream. This cream is made with only butter and sugar. These buns are not the baked, it is fried ones. So anyone can make it without oven. This is almost similar to doughnuts. So give it a try at home.
- Plain flour – 2 cups
- Yeast – 2 teaspoon
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Butter – 25 grams
- Water – 2/3 cup
- Butter – 40 grams
- Icing sugar – 1 cup
- Milk – 1.5 tablespoon
- Vanilla essence – a drop
- Mix all the ingredients to form a soft dough. Cover and keep aside for an hour. By the time it will double.
- Divide the dough into equal balls, shape into round and slightly press to flatten. Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Keep the flame low and add in the dough balls one at a time. Fry both sides until its golden. Drain into paper towel and cool completely.
- Beat all the ingredients for cream with a hand whisk or a wooden spoon until fluffy.Slit the bun open until 3/4th and apply buttercream generously.
- You can use powdered sugar instead of icing sugar
- In the dough preparation you can add 1 egg also.