It is a very simple and tasty soup you can easily prepare. It is very healthy and also a good option when you are having cold. Usually chicken pieces with bones are used for this. You can make it less or more spicy depends on your taste. This is a South Indian preparation of soup with less ingredients. How do you feel when you get a bowl of hot soup in a rainy evening? awesome right, so let’s see the method of preparation.
- Chicken – 4-5 pieces with bones
- Shallots – 10
- Garlic – 5
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- In a pressure pan, add the chicken pieces, crushed shallots and garlic, turmeric powder, pepper powder, curry leaves and salt.
- Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Once the pressure subsides, open and add the gingelly oil. Add chopped coriander leaves, salt and pepper powder to suit your taste. Serve hot.