Karimeen is the official state fish of Kerala. It is very tasty and delicious, especially the karimeen fry, karimeen pollichathu are the popular and top demanding dishes in restaurants. This is a Kerala recipe of fish curry with coconut milk and raw mangoes. This curry can be served with rice, appam, bread and roti.
- Karimeen / Pearl spot – 1/2 kilo
- Raw Mango – 1
- Onion – 1
- Ginger – 1″ piece
- Garlic – 2
- Green chily – 2
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Chili powder -2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Fenugreek powder – 1/8 teaspoon
- Thin Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Thick Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion, ginger, garlic, green chili and curry leaves. Saute till the onion turns brown color.
- Add the spice powders and fry for a minute. Add thin coconut milk, water and salt. Mix well, cover and cook.
- When it starts to boil, add mango and fish pieces. Cover and cook on a medium flame.
- When the fish is done, reduce the flame and add thick coconut milk. Gently mix it with the curry and turn off.