Puff pastry are the favorite bakery item of everyone, whether it is veg, non veg or sweet. If you can spend a little time, you also can make it at home instead of buying from shop. Here I have used store bought pastry sheets. That also you can make at home.To make Kerala Egg puffs, first we have to make the egg masala and then bake it in the oven. Depends upon the filling used, we can make different kind of puffs.
- Puff pastry sheets -4
- Hard boiled eggs – 2, cut vertically into two
- Onion- 2
- Ginger and garlic – 1 teaspoon, finely chopped
- Curry leaves – 1 teaspoon, chopped
- Kashmiri chili powder- 1 teaspoon
- Pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- Tomato ketchup – 2 teaspoon
- Egg – 1, beaten
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion,ginger,garlic and curry leaves.Saute until onion turns golden brown.
- Add kashmiri chili powder,pepper powder,turmeric powder and garam masala and salt. Cook for a minute, stirring continuously in low flame.
- Add tomato sauce and mix well. Allow this to cool slightly.
- Spoon the prepared masala to the center of the pastry sheet and place one half of a hard boiled egg on the top.
- Fold all the corners to the center gently press with your finger to seal. Brush the top with beaten egg. Do the same for other puff sheets.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place the puffs on the tray and bake for 25 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
- If you are using frozen puff pastry sheets, let it thaw completely for 1 hour at room temperature, before using it.