This is a North Indian vegetarian snack made out of boiled potatoes. It will be crispy outside and soft inside. It is one of the popular street foods in India. Usually crushed green peas also added in this. But I made it only with potatoes. Let us see how to make it.
- Potato – 2
- Corn flour- 3 tablespoon
- Chili powder – ½ teaspoon
- Cumin powder – ½ teaspoon
- Chaat masala powder – ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder – ½ teaspoon
- Ginger – ½ teaspoon, grated
- Boil,peel and mash the potatoes thoroughly.
- Add salt,coriander powder,chaat masala powder,chili powder,cumin powder and grated ginger.
- Add corn flour and mix well. Mix thoroughly and form a ball. Take small portions, roll it and flatten using your palms.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and slide the shaped tikkis gently. Fry from both sides in medium flame until golden.
- Serve aloo tikki hot with sauce or chutney.