As everybody knows, Kidney beans are very nutritious and delicious. It has a good source of cholesterol lowering fiber in it. Usually we prepare dishes like Rajma Masala, rajma chawal with rajma. This is a simple, dry side dish you can serve with rice. So next time try this healthy vegetarian side dish for your meals.
- Red kidney beans / Rajma – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coconut – 1/4 cup
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic – 3
- Dry red chili – 1
- Soak rajma overnight for 4-6 hours. Pressure cook it until soft and set aside.
- Grind the ingredients to a semi fine paste with few drops of water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, curry leaves and allow it to splutter. Then add onion and ginger garlic paste and saute till golden brown.
- Add the ground paste and saute for a minute, Then add salt, chili,garam masala powder and little water.
- Add cooked rajma and mix well. Saute and cook till the gravy turns dry.