This is a Kerala style preparation of tomato curry with coconut milk. You can serve this with rice. It is very easy to prepare and delicious too. When you don’t have enough time for cooking or you are in a hurry, can try out this.
- Tomato – 3, cut into big pieces
- Onion – 1
- Ginger – a piece
- Garlic – 4
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon
- Chili (normal + kashmiri) powder – 1 tablespoon
- Garam masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry red chili – 2
- Coconut milk – 1.5 cup
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chili and curry leaves.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic, saute till onion turns transparent.
- Add turmeric, coriander, chili powders one by one and saute well.
- Add tomato pieces,salt and mix well. Cover and cook.
- When tomatoes are half cooked, add coconut milk. Add garam masala , when it boils turn off.