Here is my 100th post in this blog!!
It should be something special right? Christmas is very close now, only few days remaining. So I would like to share some Christmas recipe for you. Last year I prepared grape wine, so i thought this time it should be something else. Ginger wine is a mildly spicy and sweet wine.The specialty of this wine is that you can prepare it within 3 days;great ah?
You don’t have to wait for 21 days for the outcome.Seriously this wine making is a patience testing job. Then also if something went wrong, any presence of moist will make your whole effort useless. So you have to be very careful about the hygiene and process in wine making. Since this wine is a short time process, you can even start making now for the Christmas. Let me conclude and move on to the recipe.
- Ginger – 250 gram , chopped finely
- Sugar – 750 gm- 1 kilo
- Yeast – 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry red chili – 3
- Water – 2 liters
- Citric acid / Lime juice – 20 gram
- Boil the chopped ginger along with sugar, broken red chilies and water for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Strain the mixture and add the yeast and citric acid/lime juice and stir well.
Heat a pan and add 3 tablespoon sugar, wait till it dissolves and add about 3 tablespoon of water once it reaches golden brown,Switch off flame,cool and add.(Optional step)
- Pour it in clean,dry glass jar or clay pot and cover it tightly. Leave aside in a dark place for 3 days.
- Strain again into clear bottles.
- Adjust sugar according to your taste
- Always use fresh yeast.
- All the utensils used should be clean and dry
- Caramelizing sugar is for colour, it is purely optional
- You can add papaya peels which helps to clear the haze in wine.