Sambaram or ‘Pacha Moru‘ also known as ‘Morum Vellam‘ is a refreshing summer drink. You can call it as an energiser, beacause it helps to cool and refresh your body. This is actually buttermilk flavoured with green chilies, shallots and ginger. This is served in sadya also. It is very easy to prepare and delicious.
- Curd – 1 cup
- Bird’s eye chili / green chili – 2
- Shallot – 3
- Ginger – small piece
- Water – 1.5 cup
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Add water to curd and whisk it well. (preferably add cold water)
- Finely chop ginger,chilies and shallots (or crush it well).
- Add this along with chopped curry leaves and salt to the buttermilk.
- Mix it well and serve.
- Crush the ingredients in a mortar and pestle for authentic preparation
- Try Bird’s eye chili for a good flavour.
- Adjust the spice level and consistency accordingly.