Taro root stir fry is a dry vegetarian side dish that can be served with rice. It is very easy to make.It is a simple dish and tastes very delicious. I have already posted one more recipe of taro root called Taro Root Curry. So try this dish next time.
- Taro root – 3 or 4
- Shallots – 5
- Garlic – 3
- Garam masala – 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Peel and chop the root into thick semi circles and wash it well.
- Add the slices, turmeric powder,half of the chili powder and water in a pan.Cook until just tender and add salt.Drain water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add shallots and garlic cloves.Add in the curry leaves,saute and then add remaining chili powder and garam masala.
- Add the cooked taro root, keep stirring occasionally until all pieces are browned well.Check for salt and switch off flame.