This is an easy recipe of fried brinjal. You can serve it as a side dish with rice or as a starter. I have adapted this recipe from a malayalam TV show ‘Annie’s Kitchen’. You can do the same with small size brinjal also. It wont be tasty if it is cold, so always serve it hot and crispy. For vegetarians, the egg mix can be replaced with corn flour.
- Eggplant – 1(round slices)
- Corn flour – 2 teaspoon
- Oregano / Italian herbs – 2 teaspon
- Eggs – 2
- Olive oil
- Bread crumbs
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add the eggplant slices.Roast both sides slightly and keep it aside.
- Take bread crumbs in a plate and add the herbs,corn flour, salt and grated cheese. Mix it well.
- Beat eggs in a bowl with little salt. (or mix corn flour with water)
- Heat olive oil and little butter in a pan. Dip brinjal slices in the egg mix and then coat it with bread crumbs and fry both sides till golden brown in low flame.