It is a popular tea time snack in Kerala, especially in small tea shops. It is a deep fried sweetened dough made of egg,flour and sugar.This is a perfect snack to serve with tea or black coffee.These local food items, greenery,water falls are always a nostalgia for me. I think it is not only for me, for all those who are away from these treasures of god’s own paradise.
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Egg – 1
- Cardamom – 2
- Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- Grind sugar and cardamom to fine powder in a mixer.
- Beat egg in a bowl till it becomes frothy. Add sugar and cardamom mixture in it and mix well.
- Add all purpose flour, baking soda and knead as a soft dough. Add extra flour if needed, the dough should not be sticky.
- Take a small portion and form into a log and cut into equal sections. Make deep cuts on four sides without fully cutting the cake. Do the same for remaining dough.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry both sides till golden color in medium flame.