Capsicum or Bell pepper used for cooking in many ways, as a snack, stuffed form and also as plain in salads. Here I have used as a quick side dish for rice and roti food items. The stir fry / Mezhukku is a usual side dish for rice in Kerala Cuisine. This multicoloured peppers looks so bright and beautiful and I didn’t want them to slice for cooking 🙂 . Anyway the recipe goes like this.
- Capsicum – 3, sliced
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tespoon
- Chilly flakes – 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan.
- Add sliced capsicum, turmeric powder, curry leaves and salt.
- When it is almost done, add chilly flakes.
- Fry until it turns to light golden colour. (don’t over cook, it should retain the crunchiness)