Mushrooms are usually used to make masala or gravy type curries. Here is a delicious and simple pickle recipe with mushrooms.You can serve it with rice or breads as a side dish.Here I have used a packet of button mushrooms. If you refrigerate it will last for one month.
- Mushroom – 250 gram
- Ginger – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic – 1 teaspoon
- Chilli powder – 2 tablespoon
- Fenugreek powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Vinegar – 2 tablespoon
- Gingelly oil – 2-3 tablespoon
- Mix the chopped mushroom with 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder,1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, salt and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mushroom. Cook on high heat, till the mushrooms are cooked. Take out the cooked mushroom and keep it aside.
- In the same pan add mustard seeds.When they start to splutter, add the curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Add chopped ginger and garlic and cook till the raw smell goes.
- Add the chilli powder, fenugreek powder and saute till oil separates. Add the cooked mushroom and mix well.
- Add vinegar and mix well. Cook till oil separates and switch off. When it is cool, transfer to a clean jar and refrigerate.