This is a popular and authentic North Indian vegetarian dish in which the beans are cooked in onion tomato gravy. Rajma Chawal is a famous and favourite dish of North Indians in which rice and rajma mixed together.It is a very tasty and flavourful dish. Rajma Masala can be prepared in many ways. In this recipe fresh cream is added to enhance the taste.Also butter is used instead of oil.
- Rajma / Red kidney beans – 1 cup
- Onion – 2 (grind it to a fine paste)
- Tomato – 2(chop and grind it to fine paste)
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh cream – ½ cup
- Butter – 2 tablespoon
- Soak the kidney beans in water for 6-8 hours. Strain the water and wash it. Pressure cook rajma with 2 cups of water till it is soft and cooked.
- Heat butter in a pan. Add onion paste and sauté till it turns light golden color. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for two minutes .
- Add cumin,chilly, coriander, turmeric powders, salt and mix it well. Add tomato paste and sauté them till tomato paste separates the oil.
- Add garam masala and mix.Add fresh cream and cook for one minute. Finally add cooked rajma with water and mix it well. Cook till gravy turns thick and switch it off.