This is a sweet side dish served in Kerala sadya. It is a yogurt based curry and here pineapple and grapes are cooked in ground coconut. It is also called madhura pachadi. So next time when you have these fruits in your cabin, give it a try. You will definitely like this sweet, tangy dish.
- Pineapple – 1 cup, chopped
- Black grapes – 15, seedless
- Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Green chilly – 2
- Sugar – 2 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry red chilly – 2
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cook pineapple pieces, turmeric powder, green chilies and salt with 1/4 cup of water in a pan.
- When it is half done, add the grapes. Cover and cook in low flame, until the grapes are tender. Add the sugar.
- Grind the grated coconut and cumin seeds to a very fine paste with little water. Add mustard seeds to this paste and give 2 – 3 pulses.
- Add the ground coconut to the cooked pineapple-grape mixture. Mix well and cook for a few minutes until the raw taste of coconut is gone. Switch it off and add yogurt and salt.
- In another pan, add coconut oil. Splutter mustard, fry dry red chilies and curry leaves. Pour it over the curry and mix well.