If you want to try a variety in egg curry you can follow this preparation.It is bit spicy, but still you can have it with rice and Indian breads. Chettinadu is a region in Tamil Nadu,a South Indian state.The chettinadan cuisines are very popular in South India. The speciality of chettinad egg curry is the ground masala used.The freshly ground spices makes the curry flavourful.
- Eggs – 4
- Onion – 2
- Tomato – 1
- Red chilly powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Dry red chilly – 3
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Peppercorns – 1/2 teaspoon
- Clove – 2 ,Cinnamon – 1/2”,Cardamom – 1
- Ginger – small piece
- Garlic – 4
- Green chillies – 2
- Cashew Nuts – 1 tablespoon
- Grated Coconut – 2 tablespoon
- Boil eggs, remove shell and make small slits in egg and keep aside.
- Dry roast ingredients to grind for 2 minutes except curry leaves and coconut and allow to cool.
- Grind roasted ingredients with curry leaves to smooth paste using little water and keep side. Grind coconut with little water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and allow to splutter. Add curry leaves, finely chopped onion and sauté until soft.
- Add chilli, coriander, turmeric powder and mix well, cook for a minute. Add chopped tomatoes, cover and cook until tomato gets mash.
- Add ground masala paste. Cook in medium flame until oil separates. Add 1.5 cups of water, salt and bring it to boil.
- Add eggs and cook until gravy becomes thick. Add coconut paste mix well and cook for 2 minutes, switch off flame.