This is an easy recipe of chicken curry that goes with almost every items like appam,puttu, chapathi, idiyappam, rice etc. It is less spicy, ground onion is used so that it will make a delicious curry for your meals. When the curry is done, you can add half cup of thick coconut milk for an extra taste. I didnt use it here, but you can try this additional tip. This curry I prepared in a pan for slow cooking, instead of this you can cook it in a pressure cooker.
- Chicken – 1.5 kilogram
- Onion – 2
- Ginger – 1.5 inch
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Green chilies – 3
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder – 1 tbsp (Normal + Kashmiri)
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder – 2 tsp
- Tomato – 2
- Dry red chilies – 2
- Grind the ginger, garlic, green chilies and curry leaves to a coarse mixture and keep it aside.
- Grind the roughly chopped onion to a coarse mixture.(use it immediately after grinding.)
- Heat coconut oil in a deep pan, add the ground ingredients, salt and saute well until browned.
- Add the spice powders like chilly,turmeric,coriander,garam masala and saute until their raw smell leaves.Add chopped tomato pieces and saute until tomato gets mashed up and oil separates.
- Add the chicken pieces, enough salt and mix well so that the chicken gets coated with the gravy. Add 1 cup hot water. Cover and cook.
- Heat oil in a small pan. Splutter mustard seeds and fry dry red chilies and curry leaves. Pour over the curry.