Pickles are always there in my fridge. In south India there are lot of varieties of pickles. Today I’m sharing an apple pickle. Green apples are used for this. Green apples tastes bit sour, that could be the reason for choosing this for pickle. If it is not sour, you can add little lemon juice to enhance the flavour. When the pickle is done it exactly looks like our Kadumanga Achar. You can refrigerate this pickle for many weeks.
- Green apple – 2
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 1 tablespoon
- Fenugreek powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida – 1/8 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Remove the core part of the apple and chop them into small pieces.
- Add salt and red chilli powder.Toss them well and make sure the red chilli powder is coated well with all pieces. Cover and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. When it is hot, add mustard seeds, fenugreek powder, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- When mustard seeds splutter, add chopped apples and mix it well. Stir and cook for 5 minutes and remove from heat.(You can add 1 tablespoon vinegar now)
- Allow it to cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate.