Mushrooms have been considered as a source of powerful nutrients. They are low in calories, fat-free, cholesterol-free yet they provide important nutrients, including selenium, potassium,vitamin D and more.Mushrooms are naturally gluten free, and make a delicious and nutritious addition to a gluten-free diet.They have important roles in stimulating immunity and maintaining heart health. This Mushroom thoran is a yummy side dish with hot rice.
- Mushroom – 250 gram
- shallots – 10
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Green chilies – 2, slit
- Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Garlic – 3
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry red chilies – 2
- Peel the outer skin of mushrooms and chop them finely.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When it splutter fry dry red chilies and add the sliced small onions. Stir fry until they are lightly browned.
- Add the chopped mushroom, ginger, garlic, spice powders, grated coconut, salt and curry leaves.
- Stir fry at medium heat until mushroom is done and water from the mushrooms are completely evaporated.