There are lot of varieties of masala used in fish fry. This is a simple and basic recipe of fish fry or you can say it is the Kerala style fish fry.Here I have used the King fish steaks, but you can use any kind of fish for this. There is no grinding required, just marinate the fish for some time and fry it in coconut oil. While frying you can add some curry leaves to enhance the flavour. So here goes the tasty yummy fish fry recipe.
- Fish steaks – 4-5
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Lime juice – 1 teaspoon
- Mix chilly, turmeric,pepper powders, ginger garlic paste, lime juice and salt with little water to form a paste.
- Apply this masala on the fish pieces till they are well coated. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the fish pieces on medium heat till it is golden brown and flip and cook the other side as well. Serve hot.